The Southern Piscataquis County Chamber of Commerce represents all types of commerce in the area and strives to make Southern Piscataquis County a better place to live, work and play.
The Chambers Activities:
- Promoting civic, commercial and economic development.
- Answering hundreds of questions about our community.
- Speaking up for local business with government leaders.
- Coordinating the talents of local citizens to sponsor activities.
- Taking a major role in the growth and promotion of Southern Piscataquis County.
- Standing ready to pursue any matter to make our area a better place to live and make a living.
- The Chamber has 153 members.
- The Chamber has added 16 new members in the last 12 months.
- The Chamber organized the 151 annual Railroad Festival.
- The Chamber participated in the Augusta Sportsman Show.
- The Chamber completed the Tourism Inventory Project.
- The Chamber attended the Maine Festival.
- The Chamber joined with the Millinocket & Greenville Chambers to form KMPA.
- Our members participated in the Big E.
- Our members participated in the Boston Sportsman Show.
- Our members participated in the Worcester Sportsman Show.
- The Chamber joined with the Moosehead Chamber to have a regional visitors guide.
- The Chamber had a booth at the Piscataquis Fair.
- The Chamber had a booth at Dexter Days.
- The Chamber hosted the Robert's Bros. Circus.
- The Chamber hosted the Business, Industry & Health Show.
- I attended the Maine Tourism Conference.
- The Chamber hosted a meeting with Gov. King & County Leaders.
- I attended a meeting with County Leaders at the State Planning Office.
- I attended a Regional Tourist meeting in Augusta.
- Help to form the Piscataquis County Economical Council.
- The Chamber hosted a meeting with the Maine Office of Tourism.
- The Chamber hosted an informational meeting on the Maine prison reforms.
- The Chamber hosted the SBA Business seminar.
- The Chamber organized the White Holiday Lighting program in Dover-Foxcroft.